In the second half of the 20th century, many landscape designers began to pay attention to the kinetic creations of artists and sculptors. And now not a single garden festival or exhibition is complete without a composition of a kinetic trend. Such art gardens are full of movement transmitted through water and dissimilar objects, as well as plants.
Here is such an original site located in Germany.
The main characteristic features of kinetic art gardens: The
- garden can be executed in any of the styles (classic, Italian, “green architecture”, etc.), but not in a “pure” form, but with a hint of him.
- Necessarily the presence of water, or at least an imitation in the form of glass, mirrors.
- Elements can carry not only a “decorating” role, but also benefit the kinetic art garden (irrigation system, night lighting).
- Creations of famous masters of the kinetic direction in art are taken as the basis.
- Decor elements are not only plants, but also all that is possible (pipes made of multi-colored plastic, metal sculptures …).
- There is always a lot of innovation and experimentation in the design of the kinetic landscape (all kinds of mechanisms are used).
- Gardens are thought out to the smallest detail (from a set of plants to before moisture approaches them).
- Kinetic art garden, “playing”, demonstrates the laws of physics, sometimes even with the help of mechanisms mounted from plastic bottles.
- Plants can be any, but it is desirable that they have resistance to local climatic conditions.
- In the kinetic garden, the viewer may well become a creator by changing the position of a ball (Telman balls, for example).
- Usually, such gardens are a separate finished painting, and if the territory is large, then there are several such “paintings”.
Every garden makes it possible to disperse the fantasies of its creator. The landscape design of the kinetic art garden implements not only the play of color, light, shadow, but also sound. We give a simple example on the water. Water is pouring, running, dripping, falling or just standing. Each of its movements produces a certain sound, which either calms or frightens … Moreover, the kinetic garden can be programmed by using only plants to plant them in separate homogeneous groups. In this case, plants differ in size, flowering time, and nature. Each group is placed in a unique frame, painted monotonously. And then observe how one frame has already blossomed, the second only turns green, in another one the rampant grasses, and in some lonely birch stands.
If you look at the kinetic garden from a practical point of view, then landscape design in this style is increasingly becoming applied in use. The authors design art gardens of this type so that almost all the “lotions” are not only useful, but also have an aesthetic role and vice versa, the objects of art are a little “finished” and begin to benefit the local landscape design. Kinetic art garden is most clearly manifested gardens in the style of “green architecture”, gardens – part of engineering systems and gardens, as part of the area.