ROSE CHARMIAN – English rose by D. Austin selection. It belongs to shrub roses, but it can be grown as a short climber. This is possible due to the ability of the plant to grow shoots longer than 2 meters. You can buy a rose from collectors, but they don’t sell it on the company’s website. Medium-sized pink flowers are collected in a cluster, and to stimulate flowering, they must be cut off after they bloom.
Characteristics of roses CHARMIAN
- Group – English roses
- Basic form – shrub
- Additional form – climber
- Height – up to 2.5 m
- Diameter – up to 1.85 m
- Bush form – oval
- Flower color – pink
- Number of petals – 25 ( half-double)
- Flower shape – free
- Flower size – 10 cm
- Flowering shape – cluster
- Flowering type – repeating
- Aroma – saturated
- Foliage – green, dense, large;
- Shoots – long, flexible, with thorns
- Features – throws long lashes in a warm climate; to stimulate flowering, it must be cut off; repeated flowering is not so plentiful
- Resistance to powdery mildew – medium
- Resistance to black spotting – medium
- Cold resistance – 5-9 zones USDA
- Breeder – D. Austin
- Catalog name – Ausmian
- Year of introduction to the culture – 1982
- Soil – all types of
- pH – there may be slight fluctuations from neutral (5.6 – 7.8)
- Drainage – required
- Plot – sunny / partial shade
- Container – yes
- Standard – yes
- Planting types – mixed planting, borders, hedges, container garden, rose gardens, mixborders
- Pests – typical for roses
- Diseases – powdery mildew , black spotting, rust of roses
Care of CHARMIAN rose like this:
- Planting for roses is the most important step in caring for them. Rose CHARMIAN prefers sunny areas with well-arranged drainage. It grows on almost all types of soils. The earth must be loose in order to allow enough water and air to pass through to the root system.
- Watering. Roses are watered as necessary – from 10 liters of water per 1 adult bush on average 2 to 3 times a week. In dry times, watering is more frequent. If the English rose CHARMIAN grows in a container, then watering is usually more frequent. In both cases, it all depends on weather conditions.
- Fertilizing with fertilizers is carried out at least 2 to 3 times during the growing season. It can be both mineral fertilizers and organic. Vitamins are also given to roses, which are administered by spraying. For roses growing in pots, top dressing is more frequent, but smaller doses are used.
- Pruning roses depends on the group to which it belongs. Do cropping twice. In summer, faded parts are constantly cut to stimulate the appearance of new flowers. In autumn, winter or early spring, pruning is done to form the plant and prevent it from diseases or pests hiding under the bark of the plant. The CHARMIAN potted rose is also pruned.
- Loosening and weeding the soil around the rose shrub is necessary for the circulation of air, moisture and nutrients for the root system. To minimize your labor, use mulching. This way weeds can be reduced and the soil will be wet longer. This applies to container roses.
- Shelter for the winter is especially necessary if the minus temperatures are very low or in winter, frequent long thaws are characterized by a sharp decrease in minuses. Be sure to cover the English rose CHARMIAN, growing in pots.
Enjoy your cultivation!