English rose THE POET’S WIFE is a charming plant with large sunny flowers that appear all season. When she “becomes an adult”, there are a lot of flowers on a rounded bush. The aroma is rich and fruity. Rose THE POET’S WIFE is dedicated to D. Austin’s wife, who was a pillar and joy for the breeder.
THE POET’S WIFE
Features of English rose The Poet`s Wife
- Group – English roses
- Subgroup – English hybrids of Old roses
- Main form – shrub
- Height – 1.2 m
- Diameter – 1.2 m
- Bush form – rounded
- Flower color – saturated yellow
- Number of petals – 77 ( thickly double)
- Flower shape – cupped
- Flower size – 10 cm
- Flowering form – clusters
- Flowering type – repeating, almost continuous
- Aroma – strong, at the beginning with lemon notes, sweetness later joins them, and it is further enhanced
- Foliage – large, leathery, glossy, green
- Shoots – upright, flexible, with spikes;
- Features – THE THE POET’S WIFE rose grows beautifully in containers; for health, it should be regularly fed; builds up weight 3-5 years after planting
- Resistance to powdery mildew – medium
- Resistance to black spotting – medium
- Cold resistance – 4 – 11 USDA zones
- Breeder – D. Austin
- Catalog name – Auswhisper
- Year of introduction to the culture – 2014
- Soil – all types of
- pH – can be slight variations from neutral (5.6 – 7.8)
- Drainage – required
- Plot – sunny / partial shade
- Container – yes
- Standard – yes
- Planting types – mixed planting, borders, hedges, container garden, rose gardens, fragrant gardens
- Pests – typical for roses
- Diseases – powdery mildew, black spotting, rust of roses can affect a rose in cold damp weather, due to a lack of attention to it
THE POET’S WIFE
Take care of the rose THE POET’S WIFE like this:
- Planting for roses is the most important step in leaving them. Rosa THE POET’S WIFE prefers sunny areas with well-arranged drainage. It grows on almost all types of soils. The earth must be loose in order to pass water and air to the root system.
- Watering. Roses are watered as necessary – from 10 liters of water per 1 adult bush on average 2 to 3 times a week. In dry times, watering is more frequent. If the English rose THE POET’S WIFE grows in a container, then watering is usually more frequent. In both cases, it all depends on weather conditions.
- Fertilizing with fertilizers is carried out every 3 weeks. In the cold regions, they stop feeding in the second half of August at all. It can be mineral and organic fertilizers. Vitamins are also given to roses, which are administered by spraying. For roses growing in pots, top dressing is done more often, but smaller doses are used.
- Pruning roses depends on the group to which it belongs. Do cropping twice. In summer, faded parts are constantly cut to stimulate the appearance of new flowers. In the fall, winter or early spring, pruning is done to form the plant and prevent it from diseases or pests that hide under the bark of the plant. The POET’S WIFE potted rose is also pruned.
- Loosening and weeding the soil around the rose bush is necessary for the circulation of air, moisture and nutrients for the root system. To minimize your labor, use mulching. It will reduce weeds and leave the soil longer moist. This applies to container roses.
- Shelter for winter is especially necessary when minus temperatures are very low or in winter, frequent long thaws are characterized by a sharp decrease in minuses. Be sure to cover the English rose THE POET’S WIFE, growing in pots.
THE POET’S WIFE
Enjoy your growing!