Rose TOTTERING BY GENTLY is an English bush rose bred by D. Austin. She has extraordinary health and abundant flowering throughout the season. The rose was named by the breeder in honor of Dickie and Duffy Tottering, heroes of the cartoons TOTTERING BY GENTLY.
CHARACTERISTICS OF ROSES TOTTERING BY GENTLY
- Group – English Roses (English Roses)
- Basic form – shrub
- Height – 1.2 m
- Diameter – 1.2 m
- Bush shape – round
- Flower color – soft light yellow
- Number of petals – 4-8
- Flower shape – simple , flat
- Flower size – 8 – 10 cm
- Blossom shape – clusters
- Blossom type – repetitive
- Aroma – light, musky with orange notes
- Foliage – green, leathery, shiny, abundant
- Shoots – straight, may droop slightly under the weight of flowers on the brushes
- Features – almost bloom continuous; when fully opened, the flower reveals a golden yellow wreath of pistils and stamens; actively growing
- Resistance to powdery mildew – high
- Resistance to black spot – high
- Cold resistance – 5 – 11 USDA zones
- Breeder – D. Austin
- Catalog name – Auscartoon
- Year of introduction into cultivation – 2018
- Soil – chalk, clay, loam, sandy
- pH – may be small fluctuations from neutral
- Drainage – required
- Plot – sunny / partial shade
- Container – yes
- Standard – yes, high
- Planting types – various types of mixed plantings, hedges, rose gardens, aromatic gardens, mixborders
Rose TOTTERING BY GENTLY prefers east, south and west, sunny and semi-shaded areas. It grows on almost all types of soil. Like most of D. Austin’s English roses, the TOTTERING BY GENTLY rose is suitable for growing both in private gardens and in city parks. This rose forms a branchy bush. This allows you to create, for example, a dense, fragrant hedge.
Caring for a TOTTERING BY GENTLY rose consists of watering, feeding and pruning. In colder regions, she is sheltered. When diseases or pests appear, appropriate preparations are used.
Enjoy your cultivation!